Summer 2017 Internship Program
Tugg is now seeking critical thinkers and self-starters to join our team!
Tugg is a next-generation theatrical, educational, and non-theatrical distribution platform dedicated to breaking ground at the intersection of entertainment and technology in the 21st century. Tugg’s platform empowers audiences to bring the movies they want to see to their local theaters and community centers, and has helped filmmakers sell over a million tickets to thousands of screenings of hundreds of films since its founding at SXSW in 2012.
Alongside Tugg’s work changing the traditional film distribution model and how film is shown in theaters, Tugg Edu is redefining how films are experienced at the educational level, exposing the next generation of filmmakers to a new generation of movie lovers.
Program Dates: TBD Summer 2017 (Dates are flexible)
Application Deadline: June. 15th
Tentative Work Schedule: 15-20 hours/week
Applicants must be enrolled as an undergrad or graduate student at a college or university. The internship MUST be completed for school credit.
*For a full list of internship opportunities, please see the descriptions below.
Ready to Apply?
Please email a copy of your résumé and a cover letter detailing why you would like to work with Tugg Edu to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Educational Outreach Internship – Austin
Tugg Edu is seeking an intern to assist the content and sales team with outreach for multiple campaigns to promote our film collection to community organizations, schools, universities, and beyond. As an intern with Tugg Edu, you will have the opportunity to work closely with leaders and specialists on the cutting edge of an evolving industry. We are looking for passionate people who relish challenges and enjoy problem solving. As a startup that continues to grow every day, Tugg is a company where your contributions could make a difference and help shape the future of our business.
- Research and list-building for leads and partners
- Targeted email campaigns
- Submit films to relevant academic conferences and publications
- Social Media
- Be outgoing, well spoken, and affable
- Take initiative to learn, read, and share information
- Display a strong work ethic and have the ability to work well independently or with a group
- Be attentive to detail
- Be energetic with the ability to multitask
- Possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Passion for film and social issues
- Enrolled in an academic institution that will provide school credit for completion of this internship
- Available 15-20 hours a week between the hours of 10AM-6PM Monday-Friday
- Reliable laptop computer and cell phone